Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Under moderate supervision, coordinate the collection and reporting of district Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data.
Records and Reports
1. Coordinate the collection, integration, and formatting of all data required for PEIMS submission according to Texas Education Agency PEIMS Data Standards.
2. Work cooperatively with campus, business office, and personnel office staff to collect, organize, and format data required to submit district PEIMS data according to prescribed state deadlines.
3. Run edits, reports, and verification checks on data to ensure accuracy of information. Distribute edits and reports to appropriate staff for analysis, verification, and correction.
4. Submit complete and accurate PEIMS data in Texas Education Agency (TEA)-prescribed format to education service center (ESC) for processing using computer terminal or personal computer.
5. Verify data submitted to TEA and submit corrections in a timely manner.
Training and Technical Support
6. Provide training and support to campuses and to business and personnel office staff responsible for processing PEIMS data.
7. Receive PEIMS-related information from ESC and TEA, attend all regional PEIMS workshops, and disseminate information to other staff in a timely manner, including updates to PEIMS Data Standards.
8. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
9. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
10. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment, including computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work is performed in an office setting; may require occasional irregular and/or prolonged hours
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions