Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for the Spanish level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plan that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies and administrative regulations.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods according to district requirements.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.