Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Assists in supervision of the operations of the business office, including preparation of management and financial reports, monitoring activities related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and general ledger maintenance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for supervision of general accounting operations, which includes accounts payable process, accounts receivables and general ledger maintenance.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and maintain financial records according to governmental accounting principles and district procedures.
- Assists in administration of accounting software, which includes account code maintenance and setup, maintenance of users, budget reports, training of campus or department personnel, and support for trained personnel.
- Monitor, reconcile and prepare expenditure reporting for federal and state grant.
- Responsible for annual reporting of 1099’s and submission to IRS
- Responsible for credit card maintenance, including users, credit limits, and transaction limits
- Responsible for maintaining schedules to support billing and other needs related to utilities and copiers. Processes invoices for payment with assignment of costs to campuses and departments.
- Supports Activity Fund management
Records and Reports
- Preparation of annual FIRST rating report
- Establish and maintain procedures manual(s) for the accounting and accounts payable functions.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Prepare, review, and revise accountant and accounts payable job descriptions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Supervise and evaluate accounting and accounts payable specialists.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, preferred
TASBO certification preferred
Strong understanding of school finance, including financial reporting under GASB 34 and the Texas Education Agency’s Financial Accountability System Resource Guide.
Knowledge of budgeting, accounting systems, and payroll processing
Working knowledge of financial applications and accounting
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets and perform data analysis
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
4 years experience in general ledger accounting and financial reporting, preferably in school districts, other government entities or fund accounting.
Must have knowledge of accounting and auditing theory.
Proven experience in governmental or fund accounting can be considered in place of bachelor’s degree.
Work days: 226