Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Work under close supervision and follow established procedures to maintain accounting records and process accounts payables according to standard accounting procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Receive and process for timely payment all accounts payable invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, receipts, and vendor information. Verify invoices and purchase orders to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to payment.
- Detect and resolve problems with incorrect orders, invoices, and shipments as needed.
- Input data into accounting system.
Records and Reports
- Prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, and payment authorizations following district standards and requirements.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Maintain vendor files and set-up new accounts and make changes as they occur.
- Receive incoming calls, answer questions, and direct calls to the proper party.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Work requires adherence to systematic and timely work flow for payment of vendors; must be able and willing to meet reasonable time lines and to work overtime when necessary.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases and do word
Proficient in keyboarding, 10-key numerical data entry, and file maintenance
Ability to communicate effectively
3 years accounting-related experience at clerical level, preferred.
College or other appropriate training can be considered as a substitute for experience requirement.
MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Work days: 226