Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Evaluate and provide leadership for the overall instructional program of the district. Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the curriculum and instruction department that includes curriculum, instruction, assessment, special programs, human resources, staff development and any other duties as assigned.
Coordinate the district federal/special programs. Collaborate with district staff and outside personnel to formulate, develop, implement, and evaluate federal/special programs.
- Master’s degree in educational administration
- Texas mid-management or other appropriate Texas certificate
- Valid Texas Superintendent Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment (including data analysis and upload from TEA systems)
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness, EGrants, Financial systems and responsibilities, PEIMS knowledge, staffing and budgeting, strong communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of federal and special program rules and regulations
- Ability to interpret data
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Three years experience as a classroom teacher
- Five years experience in instructional roles
- Minimum three years as a building principal preferred