Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Primary Purpose: Provide appropriate learning activities and experiences aligned to 7th grade math TEKS. Ensure students receive engaging instruction and participate in meaningful learning activities and assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate for subject and level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the middle school math standards
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction, including unit, lesson, and assessment creation
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the curriculum.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the needs of students assigned.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student learning and analyze results to plan instructional activities in response to the data.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and Student Handbook.
- Participate in professional development activities as assigned and as necessary to improve job-related skills and for your own professional improvement and growth.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching and learning processes.
Student Growth and Development:
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of all students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, other teachers, and administration.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.