Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
POSITION: 2ND, 3RD AND 4TH GRADE TEACHER
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT POSITION
SALARY RANGE: $53,500-$61,081 Annually
WORK DAYS: 187
LOCATION: GATEWAY COLLEGE PREPARATORY SCHOOL, GEORGETOWN TEXAS
Provide students with rigorous learning activities and experiences in the academic subject and grade assigned to help students develop competencies and skills to be successful in post-secondary education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with other members of campus and district staff to determine instructional goals and objectives and serve the needs of all students.
- Use a variety of instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Prepares and provides instruction based on accommodations as outlined in the student’s IEP.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Report and communicate student progress to parents.
- Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Be a positive role model for students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and handbook.
- Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty assignments as assigned by principal.
- Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as assigned.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Participates in all continuing professional development and relevant ARD meetings.
- Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records and other documents, as required.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
- Promotes and contributes to campus-wide initiatives including AVID.
- Protects confidentiality of students and their families.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Support the mission and vision of the campus and district.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the campus and district.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
- Principles, theories, methods, techniques, and strategies pertaining to teaching and instructing student in the subject and grade level assigned.
- Strong knowledge of developing curriculum and along with integrating technology into daily instruction.
- Design, develop, and implement subject area curriculum that is based on best practices.
- Provide effective and innovative learning experiences for students at a college preparatory level.
- Provide an attractive, inviting and stimulating learning environment and develop positive relationships with students.
- Successful completion of student teaching at a recognized college or university or other applicable field/volunteer work.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned.
- Certifications: Generalist or Core Subjects EC-4 OR EC-6 including the ability to get ESL and Reading Academy k-3 certificate.
- If you have the ability to start a new program and work on your certifications
- Duties involve walking, sitting, standing, in-door, and out-of-door activities and some lifting.
- Must have and maintain a level of general physical/emotional health which permits effective performance of duties.
- Regularly lifts and carries 1 - 25 pounds.
- Required high level of mental alertness and requires ability to tolerate high levels of stress.
Should you enroll in medical plan, Orenda Education makes a $425 monthly contribution towards employees' premiums.
- Participation in the Texas Teachers Retirement System
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life, Term Life, Permanent Life and Accident Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 403b and 457b Investment Plans
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Critical Illness, Cancer Insurance
- Legal Services