Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Employer: Priddy ISD
Job Title: Maintenance Worker
Date Posted: 10/26/2023
Deadline: Until Filled
Commitment: Full time, 240 days per year
Maintain the physical school plant in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use may be made at all times; provide students and staff with a physical learning environment that is safe, clean, attractive, and functional.
High school diploma. Clean driving record with valid Texas drivers license, must pass background check, interview, references checked, CDL preferred.
Ability to troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance, groundskeeping, strip and wax floors, operate motorized equipment, and work appropriately with students, staff, and guests. Must be willing to work holidays, weekends, and evenings as needed. Ability to take directions and complete tasks.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Groundskeeping
· Identify and correct maintenance and facilities issues. Perform routine maintenance tasks in a timely fashion.
· Utilize a work order system on the computer to track and prioritize district needs. Create and follow maintenance schedules.
· Collaboratively develop a plan with custodial staff and principal for maintaining clean, safe, orderly work and storage areas.
· Properly use and maintain tractor, mowers, weed eaters, and other groundskeeping equipment. Keep school grounds looking clean and neat all year.
· Perform basic plumbing, septic, HVAC, and electrical repairs and preventive maintenance. Some carpentry skills required.
· Work with custodians and administration to set up and break down events during and after school hours, as needed.
· Strip and wax floors on a schedule, typically during school holidays and breaks.
· Climb ladders, use a scissor lift and forklift, access roofs, change filters and lights in high ceilings, lift items up to 50 pounds unassisted, work in extreme weather conditions for long periods of time, and perform other manual labor tasks requiring physical and mental fitness.
· Follow district, state, and federal safety protocols and emergency procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands /Physical Demands /Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Routine use of computer, hand tools, power tools, groundskeeping equipment, school vehicles, and other equipment for maintenance and record keeping.
Posture: Prolonged standing, walking, or sitting; frequent bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
Motion: Climbing ladders, repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; reaching, pulling.
Lifting: Lift items up to 50 pounds.
Environment: Limited travel to nearby communities; occasional statewide travel; occasional outside work with exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, noise, vibration, and chemical and electrical hazards.
Driving: Frequent operation of motorized vehicles. May be required to drive a bus or suburban to transport students and/or staff.
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress.
Residence Requirements: Must reside within the district to respond to after-hours emergencies.
Salary Range: $20-$24/hour, depending on experience and qualifications