Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Position Begins on Jan. 4, 2024
Assist campus principal as needed in a paraprofessional role.
High school diploma or GED
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively with students and adults
2 years of experience working with children (preferred)
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom/area.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help keep administrative records and prepare required reports as needed.
- Conduct instructional exercises; work with individual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside the classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meetings and special events as assigned.
Copier, personal computer, and audiovisual equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting.