Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Executive Director of Special Programs
Special Education/504/ESL/GT/Dyslexia/RTI Coordinator
2024-2025 School Year
Lead and direct the district’s Special Education/504/ESL/GT/Dyslexia/RTI programs to ensure provision of needed services for special needs students. Work to provide individualized education plans to meet the needs of all students and ensure compliance with all state, federal, and local requirements and communicate program needs to district and campus staff.
Coordinate the district program for exceptional students, At-Risk students, and English Language Learners. Collaborate with district staff and outside personnel to provide educational and career opportunities for qualifying students. Direct program through collaboration with the curriculum department.
- Master's degree from accredited university
- Director or Administrative Experience required
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required special education endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned;
- Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance of Special Education, ESL, GT, Dyslexia, 504 programs, and District-Wide RTI process, attend training, and stay abreast of latest changes.
- Communicate requirements of Special Education program, IEP implementation, and do on-going audits of special education and 504 records and IEPs. Communicate requirements of the LPAC process and support the ongoing needs of ELL students in the classroom.
- Communicate with District and Campus administrators about program needs, changes, and concerns. Make programming recommendations regarding instruction. Alert district/campus administrators with personnel concerns.
- Utilize educational and administrative background to guide teachers in instructing students with special services in collaboration with administration.
- Support teachers in managing student behavior and administering discipline; this includes intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP, 504 plan.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents of special needs/ELL students to ensure that the needs of the student are met and to get feedback from parents to continually improve services. Keep documentation of communications.
- Supervise personnel and monitor instruction to ensure that accommodations and modifications are being implemented as set by the ARD/RTI/LPAC committee. Provide training/documentation to support these efforts.
- Support the District Testing Coordinator with implementation/training of state assessment system and utilize the Texas Assessment management system effectively.
- Collaborate with providers of related services in the District to insure student’s/campus’ needs are being met.
- Attend all ARDS where non-consensus is a possibility and be an advocate for the District’s special programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Five or more years combined experience teaching in special populations & administration over the same.
- Experience with varied age groups and placements preferred.
- Citizenship, residency, or work visa in the United States required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gatesville ISD is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.