Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Full Time Maintenance and Ground Worker
This position is for a full time maintenance and grounds worker for Mart ISD. You must be knowledgeable in general maintenance and repairs of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout the district. It is also involves maintenance of the district grounds. Making sure that all properties are kept safe, neat, and attractive. You must be able to operate a school bus and related equipment to provide safe and orderly transportation of students and other authorized persons on assigned route and to and from other designated locations. This requirement is non-negotiable.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to get a clear and valid Texas commercial driver’s license with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements.
- Must be willing to get an IPM Coordinator License, Structural Pest License, and Lawn Ornamental & Weed License
- Ability to pass U.S. Department of Transportation alcohol and drug tests and annual physical exam
- Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
- Knowledge of gardening and landscape maintenance
- Proficient map reading skills
- Ability to manage student behavior
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to operate a bus, heavy equipment, including backhoe, and trencher
- High school/Trade school degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Would prefer someone with at least two year experience in general building maintenance and landscape maintenance.
- Depends on experience, trainings, and license already acquired
- Works year around, standard holidays, and 10 days vacation per year.
- Hourly employee work minimum of 40 hours per week occasional overtime.
- Until Filled - would like to start sometime prior to November 1st if possible for a training period
Rena Graves, Asst. Superintendent
Mart ISD, Administration Office
303 S Smyth St
Mart, TX 76664
254-876-2523 x 202
Application is available at our website or Administration Office www.martisd.org
Please send completed application to: Rena Graves at the above address, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or fax 254-876-3028.