Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive program of guidance to school assigned, including counseling services. Provide a proactive developmental guidance program to encourage all students to maximize personal grow and development.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category : Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor
Waco ISD is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Master’s degree or current enrollment in program leading to Master’s degree and full counselor certification Or
- Valid Texas Counseling certificate
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Evidence of leadership skills, especially in the area of diverse populations and at-risk students
- Ability to collaborate with diverse staff and community members in the delivery or programs and services to at-risk students
- Working knowledge of state codes, governing guidance and counseling services
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills in working with internet and software programs
- Working skills in Microsoft office and Excel
- Two years teaching experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- Elesa Maimbourg , Human Resources Specialist
- P.O. Box 27
- Waco, Texas 76703