Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Perform casework service to help students and families resolve personal, emotional, and social problems that interfere with the student's progress in school, attendance, and the services being provided in the school setting.Click here for complete job description.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Categories : Special Education > General Special Education
Student Services > Social Worker
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waco ISD is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university (preferred)
- Valid Texas license by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of individual and group counseling skills
- Knowledge and skills in casework methods
- Strong consultation skills for conferencing with teachers, parents and students skills
- Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions
- Two years of experience in social work
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- Elesa Maimbourg , Human Resources Specialist
- P.O. Box 27
- Waco, Texas 76703
- Phone: 254-755-9410
- Email: click here