Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Perform professional psycholigical work in assessment, behavior management and counseling for students with emotional disabilities, learning disabilities and behavioral problems.
Implement the special education assessment process. Assess the educational, learning styles and program needs of students referred to special education services. Provide diagnostic information and work cooperatively with instructional personnel to provide the most appropriate programs for students with disabilities.
- Master’s degree in educational assessment
- Matster's degree in psychology form accredited college or university
- Valid TX License as a licensed specialist in school psychology granted by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
- Valid Texas teaching certificate
- Valid Texas educational diagnostician certificate
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special education students, human development, and learning theories
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Two years teaching experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive student referrals and implement the assessment and evaluation process.
- Select and administer formal and informal assessments to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
- Participate in the Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD)Committee to assist with interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement and development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students according to district procedures
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, students and parents.