Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Help meet the physical and instructional needs of individual students with disabilities in self-contained classroom. Assist in implementation of classroom programs, including self-help, behavior management and instructional programs. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of certified teacher.
- Associate's degree, 45 college hours or a Educational Aide certificate
- Ability to work with children with disabilitites
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must get CDL within a timely manner
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help teacher prepare instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist students with physical disabilites according to their needs inclruding transferring to and from wheelchairs; lifting;
positioning; or assisting iwth personal care such as feeding, bathroom needs and personal hygiene.