Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Maintain safe and attractive grounds and landscaping for the district. Maintain athletic fields.
1. Mow and detail all district grounds, including athletic fields.
2. Follow scheduled maintenance plan to care for lawns, trees, shrubs, and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds, and controlling weeds.
3. Plant shrubs and vegetation.
4. Assist with the preparation of athletic fields for games, including chalking fields.
5. Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish, and refuse from district facilities.
6. Assist with the inspection, repair, and installation of sprinkler systems.
7. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing.
8. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
9. Help keep vehicle, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
10. Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
11. Transport workers and equipment to work sites throughout the district.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Garden tools; small hand tools; power tools; heavy equipment including backhoe, tractor, grader; and power mower; light truck or van
Posture: Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; work in tiring and uncomfortable positions
Motion: Frequent walking, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving
Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis
Environment: Work outside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, noise, vibration; exposure to chemical (herbicides and fertilizer) and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; may work alone; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress