Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Chilton ISD is seeking a unifying and visionary leader to lead the campus to success. Candidate must be able to direct and manage instructional programs and supervise operations and personnel at the campus level. Additionally, the candidate must provide leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service.
• Establish a clear, compelling, and shared vision.
• Design, implement, supervise, and evaluate instructional programs for the campus.
• Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum and instructional strategies to accomplish success with student academic achievement.
• Develop, implement, and monitor a campus strategic plan aligned with needs of the campus and District goals, leading to continuous improvement.
• Promote high expectations for all staff and students.
• Develop and monitor the master schedule, assuring that is focused on the needs of students and aligned with state and District requirements.
• Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct support/evaluation conferences using T-TESS and other identified evaluations.
• Organize and lead campus faculty and staff meetings.
• Attend ARD, 504, LPAC, and other meetings as required.
• Ensure the appropriate application of technology as an instructional and administrative tool throughout the campus.
• Work closely with District-level departments to assist with a strong instructional program that leads to student academic achievement and growth.
• Provide instructional resources and materials to support teachers in accomplishing instructional goals.
• Utilize available assessment data to assist with instructional planning and for remedial activities that lead to campus improvement.
• Provide and arrange for campus professional development as necessary.
• Assist staff in planning and implementing professional development that increases their effectiveness and improves campus performance.
• Participate in professional development that provides personal growth and leads to increased effectiveness and improved campus performance.
• Ensure that the administration of District, state, and federal testing is in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
School/Community Relations and Organizational Morale:
• Encourage active involvement in the decision-making process by fostering collegiality and team building with employees.
• Communicate expectations for high-levels of performance to students, staff, and parents.
• Provide and nurture effective communication between the school and the community.
• Respond in a timely manner to parent and community communication.
• Promote parental and community involvement in the school, including site-based committees, student/teacher/parent organizations, booster clubs, and other opportunities.
• Implement activities to recognize employees’ efforts and accomplishments.
• Promote the campus and District through effective communication with business/civic organizations, governmental agencies, and the community.
• Ensure the Student Code of Conduct and discipline management system are administered consistently to promote equity and to support positive student behavior.
• Ensure that students are appropriately supervised during instructional and non-instructional periods.
• Conduct conferences and meetings with students, parents, and staff regarding student and school issues.
• Resolve parent/student concerns in a timely manner.
• Implement activities to recognize students’ efforts and accomplishments.
• Facilitate opportunities for students to participate in extra-curricular activities, and assure these activities are monitored and supported.
Administrative, Fiscal/Facilities Management:
• Works closely with District personnel and contractors regarding completion of any necessary repairs or renovations of the building.
• Works closely with Technology and Curriculum/Instruction to sure the implementation of an appropriate technology structure and plan for learning.
• Implement and administer District and campus policies and procedures that are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
• Develop, implement, and monitor the campus operating budget; monitor all activity accounts; operate within the budget.
• Assure that emergency and crisis plans are developed, communicated, implemented, and practiced.
• Manage school facilities and equipment effectively to ensure a safe, clean, and orderly building with maximization of space.
• Provide reports, data, and all required information promptly and accurately, ensuring the proper maintenance of student records.
Human Resources Management:
• Lead the recruitment, hiring, and placement of staff and assure that each employee’s performance is appropriately supervised and evaluated.
• Follow staffing allocations closely to ensure effective and efficient staffing of the campus.
• Work closely with the Central Administration to assure that all timelines and staffing requirements are met.
• Work closely with Central Administration to assure that all professional employees meet and continue to meet certification requirements as required by SBEC.
• Develop and maintain appropriate documentation for employee contract and continued employment recommendations.
• Review the Employee Handbook and District policies and procedures to assure compliance with employee-related items.
• Work with Central Administration to take corrective action on employees as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree from an accredited university in educational administration or related field, Texas Standard Principal’s Certificate or appropriate certificate, Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) appraiser or the ability to become T-TESS administrator, and three years’ experience as an Assistant Principal, Principal, or Central Office Administrator required.