Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
The individual selected for the position must be able to perform the essential functions of the position either with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Pay Scale for 2019 - 2020 School Year:
Bachelor's Degree with active teaching certification for subject/grade level assigned: $120.00 per day
Bachelor's Degree: $100.00 per day
High School Diploma & 60 college hours OR Associate's Degree: $80.00
It is the responsibility of all EOAC employees to support EOAC’s mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of public trust. We all bear the responsibility of improving the organization, communicating openly and empowering each other to excel at our work. The substitute teacher will provide continuing education for students in the teachers’ absence, while complying with state, district, and campus policies affecting schools, and confidentiality.
- Maintain confidentiality of client/agency information as required by State and Federal laws, appropriate regulations, and professional practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and/or verbal form to elementary students, parents, members of the public, and staff.
- Must consistently demonstrate and communicate EOAC’s Mission and Vision.
- Promote a positive, caring climate for learning for elementary students. Manages student learning in accordance with the goals and directives of the school district.
- Conduct classroom education, following the teacher’s written lesson plans and classroom schedule. Consult with the principal and/or staff to resolve questions and/or concerns.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed, and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Prepare a written summary of work completed. Makes the absent teacher aware of special situations or problems encountered.
- Assists with safety inspections and safety-drill practice activities.
- Comply with all federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and agency policy.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the development of communication, mutual respect, mutual support, competence, and creativity among all members of agency staff.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate skill and familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have effective presentation of information and strong spoken language skills.
- Ability and desire to work with elementary school students from an at-risk population, as stated in the Waco Charter School charter.
- Ability to maintain confidentially of student records, charter school records, and other sensitive student data.
- Comply with the Code of Ethics for Texas Educators.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students.
- This job operates in a professional office environment with ambient lighting, and climate control.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Prolonged sitting and standing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Exposure to temperature extremes (hot and cold), humidity extremes, noise, low or intense illumination. Occasional exposure to biological hazards (communicable diseases, bacteria, insects, etc.).
- Must have 60 College hours, or associate’s degree, or bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to pass Criminal History check including FBI fingerprint and DFPS background check. Candidate must have a satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50.00) paid by the employee.
- Must pass all pre-employment contingencies including post-offer pre-employment physical, and alcohol and drug screen.
A bachelor’s degree in education, and valid Texas teaching certification for grades/subjects assigned.
Perform all other duties as deemed necessary by the Executive Director or Waco Charter School Principal.
This is a temporary position, as needed to cover the absence of the classroom teacher.
*This form reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the essential function of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to the job.