Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
To interpret instruction and communication. To provide equal access between Deaf and Hard of Hearing students/staff and hearing students/staff. To culturally mediate between Hearing and Deaf culture for the purpose of mutual understood communication. Click here for complete job description.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category : Instructional Support > Individual Aide
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waco ISD is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- 60 Credits or an Associate Degree in or related to ASL/English: Interpreting (as required by DARS BEI)
- Bachelor’s Degree as required by RID
- EIPA 3.5 or higher
- High school diploma, 60 college hours
- Working toward Certification from the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitation
- Services (DARS BEI) Basic or above or the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID), NIC or
- Educational Interpreting Performance Assessment (EIPA) Level 4.0 or above.
- Passed the TEP (Test of English Proficiency) prior to hire date.
- Must be certified within 3 years of hire date as acknowledged on the attached “Employee
- Agreement for Work as an Uncertified Sign Language Interpreter.
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of computer and software applications
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through written, oral and sign language
- Experience working with auditory impaired individuals
- At least 1-2 years working with children in grades PK-12
- At least 1-2 years working in an educational setting.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Associate degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- Elesa Maimbourg , Human Resources Specialist
- P.O. Box 27
- Waco, Texas 76703
- Phone: 254-755-9410
- Email: click here