Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
VILLAGE OF SALADO POLICE DEPARTMENT
SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER:
The Village of Salado Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of School Resource Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The School Resource Officer supports and facilitates the educational process within the Salado Independent School District by providing a safe and secure environment through building and establishing meaningful relationships with students and staff and proactively interacting with the school community to ensure the enforcement of Village and state laws, preservation of public order, protection of life and the prevention, detection, or investigation of crime. The School Resource Officer shall:
· work effectively with students, parents, school personnel and community agencies to support teaching and learning in the schools;
· patrol school property to protect students, staff, and visitors from physical harm;
· prevent loss to school property resulting from criminal activity;
· answer calls for service and complaints involving misdemeanors and felonies;
· administer first aid;
· answer questions for the public;
· conduct preliminary investigations at the scenes of crimes;
· locate and interview witnesses;
· maintain order in crowds, at parades, and other school functions;
· perform desk officer duties such as handling phone calls and visitors;
· receive and send information on police radio;
· appear in court to provide testimony and present evidence;
· prepare and maintain necessary records and reports;
· work other areas within the Police Department as assigned when school is not in session;
· perform other related duties as assigned.
· Applicants must hold a basic certification from TCOLE.
· Must be NASRO certified or be willing to get certified within a year.
· A minimum of 3 – 5 years of work experience in law enforcement in a traditional
law enforcement agency or school environment required.
· Valid Texas Driver’s License with a good driving record
· High School diploma or GED required; some college preferred
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
The hourly pay rate is $20.25 per hour, with an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are available at the Salado Municipal Building located at 301 N. Stagecoach, Salado, TX or on our website at www.saladotx.gov
on the Employment page. Applications may be submitted by mail to the Salado Police Department, Attn. Chief Pat Boone, P.O. Box 219, Salado, TX 75671, via fax at 254.947.5061 or via email to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Village of Salado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
Please direct questions to Salado Police Chief Pat Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org