Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Download full job description at bit.ly/NetworkConsultant0610. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Senior Technology Consultant for Strategic Planning is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of assigned projects and/or tasks ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals all under general direction.
Reports to Director of Strategic Planning
Assessments and Planning
- Participate in internal company hand-off meeting to gain an understanding of project scope and client expectations.
- Develop timelines and approach for the project.
- Host kick-off meetings, focus groups, and interviews to collect technical and organization data.
- Analyze client documentation for technical challenges, opportunities, gaps, and other areas.
- Provide on-site technical inspections and discovery.
- Develop technology surveys for client use with an emphasis on particular areas of interest for each project.
- Develop technology reports focused on findings, best practices, and recommendations.
- Develop budgets and costing graphs and charts for long term planning.
- Create infographics, and other supporting documentation to graphically illustrate collected, observed, or analyzed data.
- Present to various groups from technology teams to board of trustees.
Design and Bidding
- Understand client goals and objectives for the project at a detailed level.
- Retrieve and review all client documentation, current standards, vendor quotes, drawings and diagrams for creating technology designs.
- Conduct manufacturer presentations, ‘bake-offs,’ and demonstrations.
- Evaluate products/solutions to ensure proper fit with the customer.
- Develop detailed product specifications and execution requirements for the Contractor.
- Create Request for Proposals (RFP/CSP), including all client front-end requirements, dates, schedules, and technical products and execution requirements.
- Conduct walk-throughs, pre-bid meetings, and other RFP activities.
- Respond to proposer questions and create and issue addenda.
- Evaluate proposals for completeness, accuracy, and technical specifications.
- Deliver project contract award recommendations by considering client requirements, goals, and understanding the project budget.
- Schedule project initiation meeting with sales representatives and the client.
- Manage all aspects of projects that fall within the scope of work.
- Effectively communicate and manage resources throughout the project.
- Identify project risks and communicate them appropriately.
- Review contractor pre-installation design documents, submittals, timelines, and scopes of work.
- Review payment applications, invoices, and close-out documentation.
- Proactively communicate to the customer and project delivery team.
- Escalate project issues or concerns as necessary to any stakeholders.
- Conduct periodic project meetings to track and report action items, responsibilities, and overall project progress.
- Provide periodic project updates to the client, including infographics, pictures, and other elements to demonstrate progress, successes, and outcomes.
- Ensure contractors read, understand, and comply with all specifications.
- Implement, approve, and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project completion and success, bringing projects in on-time and under budget.
- Identify and help improve project processes, policies, and overall PM methodology.
- Assist with quality assurance and post-project assessment of results.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications and/or experience.
- Professional level certifications from Tier 1 manufacturers, such as Cisco, HPE, Microsoft, VMWare, and others.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Advanced knowledge of at least two areas of routing & switching, wireless, unified communications, cybersecurity, and/or server/storage technologies.
- General knowledge of most to all main points of routing & switching, wireless, unified communications, cybersecurity, and/or server/storage technologies.
- Assertive personality and disposition – confidence with humility.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Outgoing personality and demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional, ethical standards.
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Excellent people manager; open to direction.
- Eligibility for coverage under company’s motor vehicle policy.
- Ability to qualify for a background clearance through the State of Texas.
- Frequent travel and overnight stay as required.