Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
The role of the Technology Systems Designer is to perform designs and work as an integral part of the True North Consulting Group Design Services Division. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 2+ years of successful technology and/or security system design history.
- Have a good working knowledge of commercial audio video systems including educational classrooms, special spaces and PA/Bell/clock systems.
- RCDD, CTS, PSP certifications a bonus, not a requirement
- Demonstrate “self-motivated” behaviors.
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Team player ethic with the ability to work collaboratively or individually.
- Display excellent attention to detail, problem-solving, and researching skills.
- Exhibit flexibility in schedule when needed in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Honesty and integrity.
Design Phase of Projects:
- Participate in internal company project initiation meetings.
- Confer with design staff to interpret and develop design concepts.
- Retrieve and review all customer specification documents, current standards, vendor quotes, drawings and diagrams for creating technology designs for client.
- Evaluate technology systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research as required.
- Make technology system recommendations by considering client requirements/goals and understanding the project budget.
- Create technology construction documents including CSI Masterformat specifications.
- Provide direction to drafting team to create detailed project drawings and system detail sheets.
Post-Design (Contract Administration) Phase of Projects:
- Review contractor submittals and shop drawings for system compliance prior to installation.
- Answer contractor Request for Information (RFI) as required.
- Attend periodic project progress meetings during the installation phase.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Review Contractor training plan and provide critical feedback.
- Perform periodic project site inspections & create written field inspection report.
- Perform final closeout punchlist. Test system functionality and confirm Contractor installed system as designed and met contractual obligations.
- Review final close-out document including warranty information, as-built drawings, test results and O&M manuals.
Primary Technology Systems Include:
- Structured Voice and Data Cabling Infrastructure.
- Classroom and Special Space AV/Multimedia Systems.
- Bell/Clock/Public Address Systems.
- Premise Security (Video Surveillance, Access Control & Intrusion Detection)