Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Master’s degree in a business-related field or educational administration
Advanced technical knowledge of school finance, budgeting, accounting systems, and economics
Working knowledge of financial applications and accounting
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, perform data analysis, and do word processing
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to coordinate district functions
Five years experience in school business management or public organization
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Keep the superintendent informed on the business affairs of the district.
- Evaluate accounting procedures, systems, and controls in all district departments and recommend improvements in their design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Maintain a continuous auditing program for all funds and assist the district’s independent and internal auditors in conducting the annual or periodic audit.
- Ensure that accounting systems comply with applicable laws and regulations including Texas Education Agency and FASREG.
- Develop period cash flow analysis to aid in determining cash available for investment and payment of bills.
- Maintain the district investment portfolio.
- Oversee preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for the operating, special revenue, debt service, construction, tax, cafeteria, and athletic accounts; review reconciliations of vendor and payroll clearing accounts.
- Prepare and enter all budget adjustments, additions, and deletions.
- Review and approve all purchase orders and check requests and maintain control of budget by verifying availability of funds.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and development of long- and short-range objectives for the business operations of the district.
- Plan and conduct needs assessments for improvement of district business operations.
- Work with district personnel to project student enrollments, staffing needs, building and facilities needs, energy needs, capital equipment needs, and other cost items for district and individual school improvement.
- Administer the business office budget and ensure that programs are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Provide leadership to achieve cost-effective practices throughout the district.
- Ensure that business operations support the district’s goals and objectives.