Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Under minimal supervision, organize and conduct the routine work activities of the transportation department and provide clerical services to the director of transportation.
1. Prepare correspondence, memorandums, forms, requisitions, and reports for the director and other transportation department staff.
2. Receive and process work orders.
3. Compile maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required including bus incident reports, trip forms, and student records.
4. Set up and maintain secure convenience files on all department employees in accordance with state, federal, and district requirements. Coordinate file maintenance schedules with central office.
5. Answer incoming calls, take messages, and route them to appropriate staff. Respond to complaints and address issues when appropriate. Handle questions and requests that fall within level of responsibility.
6. Perform routine bookkeeping tasks and maintain department budget records in an accurate manner including calculating trip tickets and billing appropriate department or campus for payment.
7. Order office supplies for department. Prepare purchase orders and payment authorizations as directed.
8. Compile and report time records, including leave requests and reports. Prepare payroll data on department employees.
9. Welcome all visitors and handle their requests or refer them to appropriate personnel. Maintain effective rapport with public and handle any problems or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
10. Maintain a calendar of department activities and staff schedules and make appointments as required. Make meeting arrangements including arranging and setting up facilities and equipment and preparing materials.
11. Maintain confidentiality of information.
12. Assign substitute drivers and monitors for morning and afternoon shifts as needed.
13. Process requests for extracurricular transportation and arrange for drivers and appropriate equipment as needed.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment, including computer and peripherals, and two-way radio
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (under 15 pounds)
Environment: Work is performed in an office setting; may require occasional irregular and/or prolonged hours
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions
Proficient keyboarding, data entry, word processing, and file maintenance skills
Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principals
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Ability to prioritize workflow to address the multiple needs of the supervisor or department
Ability to multi-task numerous complex administrative activities
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
TRS-ActiveCare 1 HD, 1, 2, 3 (Scott & White and First Care). Rosebud-Lott ISD pays $275.00 towards the plan; $10,000 Life Insurance Policy; Section 125 Cafeteria Plan enrollment; Plans available for employee to purchase - dental, vision, disability, heart, cancer, stroke, identity theft, and additional life insurance.
High school diploma or GED
Secretarial experience, preferably in public education environment
Please apply online at www:rlisd.org