Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Ensure safe and orderly transportation of students on assigned route. Operate school bus that transports students and other authorized personnel to and from schools or other designated location.
- Valid Texas commercial driver’s license (Class B) - willing to help get CDL for the right candidate
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to pass alcohol and drug test
- Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of student discipline procedure
- Ability to manage student behavior
- Ability to operate bus
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow assigned route and adhere to establish schedules
- Drive bus to and from extracurricular activities.
- Check bus for mechanical defects before and after each operation and notify supervisor of needed repairs.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled.
- Supervise students while they board and leave the bus and cross the street.
- Maintain discipline; report student discipline problems to appropriate administrator.
- Instruct students on safe riding rules and regulations.
- Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses.
- $25.92 per route, plus attendance incentive