Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
- Plan and provide services to students with visual impairments. Assess students and provide therapeutic intervention to eliminate or reduce problems that interfere with their students’ ability to derive full benefit from the educational program. Provide direct and consult services to students with visual impairments and coordinate their services as needed. Conduct evaluations and attend required ARD/504 meetings.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category : Special Education > Visually Impaired
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waco ISD is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Certified by the Texas Education Agency to Teach the Visually Impaired
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Ability to use the accepted tests and measurements to assess visual impairments and conditions
- Ability to instruct and manage student behavior
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Minimum Experience:
- Three years’ experience teaching students with visual impairments
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
- Elesa Maimbourg , Human Resources Specialist
- P.O. Box 27
- Waco, Texas 76703
- Phone: 254-755-9410
- Email: click here