Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Help special education teacher provide for physical and instructional needs of students with disabilities in special education setting. Assist in implementation of classroom programs, including self-help, behavior management and instruction programs. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of certified teacher.
You will be required to obtain your CDL license if you do not already have one.
- High school diploma or GED
- Candidate must be highly qualified paraprofessional (or be enrolled in class to obtain this certificate)
- Two years of related experience is preferred
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check
- Candidate must have the ability to adapt to ever changing requirements in the classroom
- Training in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention is preferred
- Must complete the CDL to drive a school bus