Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Job Summary Position is responsible for maintaining order, preventing crime, reporting student
violations of school board policies and is responsible for ensuring the safety, security, and
welfare of all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Position assists the administrative staff with
enforcing policies and procedures for safe and orderly schools at the building level.
Duties and Responsibilities
*Patrols and monitors assigned areas of the grounds and parking lots to deter, detect,
report and stop violations of the law and/or school board policies.
* Detects, investigates and reports unauthorized or suspicious persons, vehicles and
* Assists administrators and staff in crisis and emergency situations.
* Notifies the administrative staff, police, fire department, or other appropriate authorities
of security or emergency situations.
* Works with school administrators and law enforcement officials in handling serious
student offenses and law violations.
* Testifies in court and at School Board Disciplinary Review Committee hearings as required.
* Assists with fire drills and other emergency building evacuations.
* Maintains security records, logs and reports.
* Attends and successfully completes all staff development training as required by state law
or directed by the Police Department.
* Abides by Security Department guidelines, directives and post orders.
* Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
*Ability to successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
*Ability to complete routine paperwork.
*Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
* Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
* Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
* Skill in performing building security and lock procedures.
* Knowledge of public security codes, policies, and regulations.
* Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and
* Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus.
* Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.