Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Provide instructional assistance to students under the direct supervision of a certified teacher. Assist in preparing, conducting, and managing of classroom activities.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide instruction to students under the direction of teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
2. Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
3. Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
4. Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
5. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
6. Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
7. Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
8. Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
9. Make teacher aware of special needs or problems of individual students.
10. Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
11. Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping
Motion: Moderate walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
TRS-ActiveCare 1 HD, 1, 2, 3 (Scott & White and First Care). Rosebud-Lott ISD pays $275.00 towards the plan; $10,000 Life Insurance Policy; Section 125 Cafeteria Plan enrollment; Plans available for employee to purchase - dental, vision, disability, heart, cancer, stroke, identity theft, and additional life insurance.
Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institution of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children