Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Job Title: Curriculum Director Reports to: Superintendent
Start Date: June 1, 2020 Contract Length: 226 Days
Salary: Negotiable based on experience School: District-Level
Direct and manage the district’s curriculum and professional development programs. Serve as the district’s Federal Programs Director and Section 504 Coordinator. Work collaboratively with the superintendent to support and achieve district goals and serve on the District Leadership Team.
- Master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration or equivalence.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Federal Programs.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Section 504.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Eduphoria.
- Ability to work with administrators to create a district-wide professional development program that focuses on summer training dates.
- Ability to interpret data and evaluate instructional programs.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills that allow for effective and respectful communication with colleagues.
- Strong communication and public relations skills.
- T-TESS and T-PESS certified or ability to be certified.
- Minimum of five years’ classroom teaching experience.
- Experience working on a campus- or district-level Leadership Team preferred.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the development and delivery of curriculum and instructional programs that incorporate district goals and support student achievement.
- Participate in the district-level decision-making process to establish and review the district’s goals and objectives and classroom instructional programs.
- Monitor and reevaluate instructional programs on an ongoing basis using input from teachers and principals, applied research and student data to determine effectiveness and improve outcomes. Recommend changes and adjustments where appropriate.
- Lead the instructional materials adoption process for acquisition of new materials.
- Coordinate instructional materials and supervise and support implementation of new curriculum and TEKS.
- Collaborate with principals and instructional staff to evaluate and select instructional tools and materials needed to meet student learning needs.
- Actively support principals as a resource in curriculum and instruction across subject areas.
- Oversee staff development programs and provide effective activities that support instructional programs, incorporate input from teachers and principals, and are consistent with the district’s mission.
- Work with principals, teachers and paraprofessionals to facilitate professional learning opportunities through staff development, ESC 12 partnerships and coaching.
- Monitor teacher and paraprofessional Comp days/hours in professional development.
- Create and build professional development sessions in Eduphoria, as well as a summer professional development schedule of sessions for teachers and staff.
- Review teacher certifications and monitor certification renewals and ensure paraprofessionals are highly qualified.
- Work collaboratively with principals to orient and mentor new teachers.
- Work collaboratively with principals to support teacher growth.
- Participate as an active member of the District Leadership Team.
- Work collaboratively with the superintendent to conduct the district needs assessment and to develop the district improvement plan. Support principals and campus leadership teams with the development of campus improvement plans.
- Work collaboratively with the superintendent and principals to review and disaggregate accountability data and to monitor student progress toward growth and achievement goals.
- Serve as the district’s Federal Programs Director, including budgeting collaboratively with the superintendent, principals and business manager for use of federal funds, grant applications, compliance reports and managing funds throughout the year. Ensure compliance with Title I program requirements at the district and campus levels.
- Serve as the district’s Section 504 Coordinator to monitor and ensure campus-level compliance and to support campus Section 504 Coordinators.
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule and local board policy in curriculum and instruction.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents as required.
- Develop and administer the curriculum and instruction budget based on documented program needs and ensure that operations are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with principals, teachers, staff, parents and community members.
- Participate in the interview and selection process of instructional staff, as appropriate.
- Prepare a monthly report that provides curriculum and instruction updates and activities to the Clifton ISD School Board and attend monthly School Board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
- Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Motion: Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- Environment: Some regional travel (Waco); occasional statewide travel.
- Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress.
Submit application and any supporting documents to:
Andy Ball, Superintendent
1102 Key Ave
Clifton, Texas 76634
Deadline to apply: February 14, 2020