Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Teacher - Early Childhood - Pre-K
Employment category: Staff
Full/part time: Full Time
Work year: 10 months
Supervisor: Lower School Principal
Also reports to: Head of School
About Eagle Christian Academy: The mission of Eagle Christian Academy is to provide each child with an outstanding, traditional education in a loving, Christian environment. We channel our energies to promote high academic standards while helping students achieve skills in creative and critical thinking—using the best
integrated curriculum available. The uniqueness of each child shall be valued within an atmosphere of challenging academic standards and nurturing support. Within this atmosphere,
ECA seeks to integrate family involvement with highly qualified and dedicated Christian faculty and to provide a foundation for each child to reach his or her full potential—spiritually,
academically, emotionally and physically.
Primary responsibilities :
● Responsible for social, emotional and academic (language arts, mathematics, science, and
social studies) growth of a class of children
● Supports ECA’s mission to foster each child’s intellectual development, love of learning
and strength of character.
● Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
● Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and
● Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical,
social, and emotional development of students.
● Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents,
students, principals, and teachers.
● Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community
● Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
● Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
● Bachelor’s degree and valid Texas teaching certificate
● 3+ years teaching at the primary level
● Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
● Early Childhood certification a plus
● Knowledge of differentiation in the classroom, awareness of students with special needs
such as Autism Spectrum Disorders is a plus