Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Direct and manage instructional program and supervise operations and personnel at campus level. Provide leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service. Oversee compliance with district policies, success of instructional programs, and operation of all campus activities.
- Master’s degree in educational administration
- Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certification
- Certified Professional Development and Appraisal System (PDAS) appraiser
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to coordinate campus functions
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Two years’ experience as a classroom teacher
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that program activities are related to program outcomes and use findings to take corrective action.
- Regularly consult the campus-level committee about planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of campus education program. Include students and community representatives when appropriate.
- Build common vision for school improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure attainment of school’s mission.
- Identify, analyze and apply research findings to promote school improvement.
- Develop, maintain, and use information systems and records necessary to show campus progress on performance objectives addressing each Academic Excellence Indicator.
- Interview, select, hire, and orient new staff.
- Comply with district policies and state and federal laws and regulations affecting the schools.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.