Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Provide direct occupational therapy services under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist.
Associate of applied science degree
Valid Texas license as an occupational therapy assistant issued by the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners
Ability to implement occupational therapy treatment programs as specified by occupational therapy plan of care
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Occupational Therapy Services
1. Provide occupational therapy services as specified in the occupational therapy plan of care.
2. Collect data according to established procedures to assist occupational therapist in screening students as possible candidates for occupational therapy services.
3. Assist occupational therapist to revise short-term patient goals.
4. Assist with instructing teachers, staff, and parents in use of adaptive equipment, assistive technology programs or devices, and integration of therapy goals into the educational program.
5. Interact with student patient regarding patient’s condition, progress, and/or achievement of goals during each treatment session.
6. Communicate with parents regarding individual students as directed by the occupational therapist.
7. Attend planning meetings and participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee (ARD) meetings as directed by the occupational therapist.
8. Assist with acquisition and maintenance of therapy equipment and supplies.
9. Maintain accurate student records, including patient progress notes.
10. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
11. Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners, State Board of Education rule, and board policy.
12. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
13. Maintain confidentiality.