Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Help meet physical and instructional needs of individual students with disabilities inside and outside classroom. Assist with the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP), including self-help, behavior management, and instruction programs. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of certified teacher.
High school diploma or hold a General Educational Development (GED) certificate
Have met formal academic assessment, associate’s degree, or two years of study at an institution of higher learning
Or Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work with children with disabilities
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children Preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Help meet the individual needs of student(s) including transferring to and from wheelchairs; lifting and positioning; interpreting instructions; and assisting with physical needs and personal care such as feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
2. Help manage the behavior of assigned student(s). This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student as needed.
3. Recognize differences in student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs and adapt methods and interaction according.
4. Work with assigned student(s) or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
5. Assist assigned students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
6. Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned student(s).
7. Maintain confidentiality.
8. Participate in professional development programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
9. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Open: Until Filled
Phone Number: 254-896-3171
For more information: email email@example.com