Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
TITLE: ASSOCIATE TEACHER
REPORTS TO: Principal
FLSA STATUS: Non - Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Manage student learning and classroom supporting Distance Learning Teacher.
- Assist students in the virtual learning environment.
- Support blended learning rotational model as indicated in daily lesson plans.
- Collaborate with Distance Learning Teachers weekly to ensure seamless instruction delivery.
- Take daily attendance in accordance with TEA student attendance accounting procedures.
- Assists students as needed.
- Provides accommodations in the classroom as required.
- Completes required documentation.
- Works with small groups of students or individually as required.
- Assist students with technology functions/issues.
- Respects the confidential nature of the classroom and will refer to the Distance Learning teacher if a problem arises.
- Performs other office duties and/or tasks as designated or assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Makes parent/guardian contacts as needed.
- Train students over all technology.
- Daily set up Distance Learning platforms.
- Must be highly qualified as an Instructional Assistant according to Texas Education Agency guidelines.
- Proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner and relate to a variety of constituencies, including but not limited to administrators, parents, teachers, students, other school staff, and school visitors.
- Possesses good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Must possess a sense of humor.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to seamlessly use a variety of instructional technologies in a competent way that advances student learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incident to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimal levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
NORMAL WORKING HOURS AND DAYS:
Part-time or full-time, Monday through Friday, as designated by the school site hours of operation and the Student Academic Calendar for the location.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS:
- 1. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 2. Work Environment
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with procedures established by the district on the evaluation of support personnel.
SALARY: Per current board approved RMA TX Pay Scale
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER