Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
This job calendar runs from July through the end of June of the next school year. (226 days) We hope to hire so that the new employee has time to cross train with the current employee.
Coordinate the collection and reporting of district Public Education Information Managem nt System
(PEIMS) data and provide support and training for the Student Information System (SIS). (226 days)
Records and Reports
1. Coordinate the collection, integration, and formatting of all data required for PEIMS submission according to TEDS Data Standards.
2. Provide timelines and work cooperatively with campus, business and personnel office staff to collect, organize, and format data required to submit district PEIMS data in a timely manner.
3. Run edits, reports, and verification checks on data to ensure accuracy of information.
4. Distribute edits and reports to appropriate staff for analysis, verification, and correction.
5. Submit accurate PEIMS data in Texas Education Agency prescribed formats to Education Service Center (ESC).
6. Verify data submitted to TEA and submit corrections in a timely manner.
7. Update TSDS UID on a weekly basis by sending district file. Resolve dual enrollment and PID errors
Training and Technical Support
1. Provide training and support to campus staff responsible for SIS data entry. Provide training to campus staff and special program personnel regarding funding audit requirements per the Student Attendance Accounting Manual (SAAH).
2. Receive PEIMS-related information from ESC and TEA and attend regional workshops. Disseminate
Gatesville Independent School District
information and train staff regarding TEA PEIMS requirements and funding practices.
3. Provide training and support to teachers for electronic attendance and gradebook software.
4. Train, support and troubleshoot parent portal and on-line student registration software by working closely with parents.
5. Train and support campus registrars in local and state policy regarding enrollment and withdrawal procedures. Oversee the dissemination, collection and retention of student information collected from parents via paper and on-line forms.
6. Communicate with Education Service Center SIS software contact to resolve end-user problems.
7. Maintain SIS, gradebook and parent portal accounts and rights.
8. Perform leaver audits at HS and JH on a yearly basis.
9. Maintain transfer student records and parent transfer contracts. Assign PEIMS coding and collect fees.
10. Oversee SIS creation of next year student database and perform move to data procedures each year.
11. Provide district-level software technical support.
12. Compile cost estimates and maintain purchase order requests for district printer supplies.
13. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
14. Coordinate the collection of Office of Civil Rights reporting district-wide, working cooperatively with campus principals, PEIMS secretaries, payroll and finance staff.
15. Coordinate Impact Aid Student reporting each year including the collection of parent survey forms.
16. Prepare and submit the report to the Department of Education, Washington, D.C.
1. Attend professional growth activities to keep abreast of local, state and federal mandates including SIS updates as approved by Technology Director.
1. Maintain confidentiality.
2. Take every reasonable precaution to prevent unnecessary or unauthorized access to any passwords, user identifications, or other information that may be used to access information systems.
3. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
4. Work cooperatively with district personnel, parents, teachers, staff and community.
5. Promote a harmonious work environment in the Technology Department, as well as district-wide.
6. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Prolonged use of computer with repetitive hand motions. May require working after hours or weekends for occasional projects. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and personal vehicle for frequent in-district travel
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gatesville ISD is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.