Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Job Title: Child Nutrition Worker Exemption Status/Test: Nonexempt
Reports to: Food Services Director Start Date: Immediate
Work under moderate supervision to prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
- Ability to understand written and verbal food preparation and safety instructions
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
- Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools
- Ability to perform basic math
Major Responsibilities and Duties
Food Preparation and Serving:
- Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested and uniform recipes.
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures, and practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
- Store and handle food items and supplies safely and according to established procedures. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
Safety and Sanitation:
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
- Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
- Help record food requisitions and order necessary supplies.
- Maintain daily food preparation records.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
- Complete annual continuing education requirements.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep-fat fryer, sharp cutting tools, stove, oven, dishwasher, and food/utility cart
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stoop, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Continual walking; frequent climbing (ladder), grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching/overhead reaching
- Lifting: Frequent moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds)
- Environment: Work inside in commercial kitchen environment; exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, extreme humidity, noise, vibration, microwaves, biological hazards (bacteria, mold, fungi), chemical hazards (fumes, vapors, gases), electrical hazards; work with hands in water; work around machinery with moving parts; work on slippery surfaces
- Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Submit application and any supporting documents to:
Jennifer Green, Food Services Director
1102 Key Ave
Clifton, Texas 76634