Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Deputy Superintendent of Instructional Services, Director of Assessment & Accountability, and High School Principal
PAY GRADE: AP 2
DEPT./SCHOOL: Central Office /Central Texas
To monitor the Early College/Dual Credit Program, assist students through all portions of the college process, and serve as the point-of-contact for any HS student attending classes at Central Texas College (CTC), CCHS, Crossroads HS and OnRamps courses. To work cooperatively with district personnel so that a consistently high standard is implemented and maintained in the area of college readiness and career readiness.
Master’s degree, preferred (experience may replace advanced degree)
Five years experience as a classroom teacher
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
Counseling experience (preferred)
Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Direct DODEA Grant Project for the Early College/Dual Credit Program and Concurrent College Programs.
- Monitor students attending classes at the CTC Campus and on the HS campuses and Concurrent College Programs.
- Search for, write, and apply for grants to sustain the early college/dual credit program in CCISD.
- Serve as the liaison between CCISD, CTC, UT, and any other college/university for course offerings and scheduling.
- Serve as the liaison between students and counselors on class schedules.
- Work with students to teach college readiness skills and progress checks to help students monitor their progress and establish good habits to prepare them for college.
- Maintain the DoDEA grant budget for the Early College/Dual Credit Program and Concurrent College Programs.
- Work to ensure the success of the DoDEA grant.
- Conduct and or assist with annual program evaluations.
- Oversee data collection and reporting of student/program information.
- Create and provide reports to supervisors.
- Create communictions that promote and grow the Early College/Dual Credit Program and Concurrent College Programs in CCISD.
- Provide presentations to parents and students to promote the Early College/Dual Credit Program and Concurrent College Programs.
- Communicate with necessary parties, including DODEA and CCISD supervisors, on the grants effectiveness and progress.
- Assist in the coordination of TSI testing and College Prep program at CCHS & Crossroads HS.
- Coordination with CCISD transportation to ensure students are transported to any off-site classes.
- Coordinate and/or teach classes at CCHS as required.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; direct district functions; and maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent districtwide and local travel; and occasional state and out of state travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours, ability to lift up to 50 pounds. The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Copperas Cove ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, or age in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, contact: Director of Human Resources, (254) 547-1227, 408 S. MAIN STREET Copperas Cove, TX 76522