Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Job Title: Career and Technical Education Teacher/Design & Multimedia Arts
Start Date: August 2021
Reports to: High School Principal
Pay Scale: CISD Teacher Scale
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned.
· Bachelor's degree, associate's degree, or high school diploma/GED and equivalent wage-earning experience as required by certification
· Valid Texas teaching certificate in Digital Design, career and technical education certificate with required license, endorsements, and training for subject and level assigned, or related training and work experience for certification waivers under the District of Innovation Plan (DOI)Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
· Demonstrated competency in the career and technical education subject area assigned
· Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
· Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
· Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Experience as a high school teacher preferred, but not required.
· Student teaching, approved internship or three years of wage-earning experience in the area of certification.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
· Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
· Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
· Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
· Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
· Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
· Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) to oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
· Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
· Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
· Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
· Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
· Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
· Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
· Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials, as needed.
· Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
· Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
· Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
· Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
· Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
· Comply will all federal, state, and local regulations related to the occupational area assigned.
· Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
· Direct the work of assigned instructional aide (s), if applicable.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Submit application and any supporting documents to:
Jimmy Jackson, Clifton High School Principal
1101 North Ave Q Clifton, Texas 76634 email@example.com