Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
- Master’s degree in educational administration
- Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certification
- Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) appraiser
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to coordinate campus functions
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Five years’ experience as a classroom teacher
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that program activities are related to program outcomes and use findings to take corrective action.
- Regularly consult the campus-level committee about planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of campus education program. Include students and community representatives when appropriate.
- Build common vision for school improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure attainment of school’s mission.
- Identify, analyze and apply research findings to promote school improvement.
- Develop, maintain, and use information systems and records necessary to show campus progress on performance objectives addressing each Academic Excellence Indicator.
- Interview, select, hire, and orient new staff.
- Comply with district policies and state and federal laws and regulations affecting the schools.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Send resumes and applications to:
Richard Kilgore, Superintendent
1 Eagle Drive
Eddy, Texas 76524