Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Under close supervision provide reception and clerical assistance for the efficient operation of the campus office.
High school diploma or GED
Proficient keyboarding skills
Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to understand and follow detailed written and verbal instructions
Ability to operate multi-line phone system
Two years’ clerical experience in office setting
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Reception and Phones
1. Receive and direct incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
2. Greet and direct campus visitors. Maintain visitor log and issue visitor passes.
3. Assist parents in checking students in and out of school.
4. Prepare and distribute student identification cards, bus passes, and parking stickers.
5. Assist with the receipt and distribution of student materials, including homework requests.
6. Receive, sort, and distribute mail, messages, documents, and other deliveries.
7. Provide clerical assistance as needed including assisting with the scheduling of appointments.
8. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
9. Maintain confidentiality.
10. Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
11. Alternative methods of performing duties.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Multi-line phone system; standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.