Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Assist teacher(s) in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Assist in implementing behavior support plans, behavior data collection. Work cooperatively with classroom teachers. Assist in enabling students to develop social and emotional competencies and skills to function successfully in society. Work under supervision of certified teacher.
High school diploma or GED
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work well with children and assist with social-emotional skills and managing student behavior
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assist in providing a program of individualized behavior instruction utilizing PASS model and Positive Behavior Supports
2. Assist with implementation of student goals
3. Document confidential student Behavior Support Plans and progress
4. Work cooperatively with teachers, staff and students
5. Under the direction of the District Behavior Coordinator, compile records and prepare required documentation
6. Assist with student behavior management utilizing approved de-escalation and CPI techniques
7. Under the direction for the District Behavior Coordinator, assist students with instructional exercises assigned by the teachers; work with individual students or small groups
8. Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. May also include lunchroom, bus, and playground duty. (Duties as Behavioral Aide with PASS model supersede any other duties or assignments.)
9. Keep District Behavior Coordinator and teachers informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
10. Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance
11. Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned
12. Alternative methods of performing duties.
Copier, personal computer, and audiovisual equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting. Working with students with significant emotional/behavioral challenges
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.