Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Work with school faculty and staff, students, parents, and community to plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program at school assigned. Counsel students to fully develop each student’s academic, career, personal, and social abilities and address the needs of special populations students.
- Master's degree in guidance counseling
- Valid Texas counseling certificate
- Knowledge of counseling procedures, student appraisal, and career development
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Two years of successful teaching
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach campus developmental guidance curriculum consistent with district’s guidance program plan and tailored to campus needs.
- Assist teachers in the teaching of guidance-related curriculum.
- Guide individuals and groups of students to develop education plans and career awareness.
- Counsel individual students and small groups with presenting needs and concerns.
- Consult parents, teachers, administrators, and other relevant people to enhance their work with students.
- Work with school and community personnel to bring together resources for stude nts.
- Maintain a communication system that effectively collects and disseminates information to other professionals as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other school professionals and representatives of community resources.
- Work with students to develop class schedules that will help foster their college and career goals.
- Use an effective referral process to assist students and others to use special programs and services.
- Participate in planning and evaluation of campus standardized testing program.
- Interpret tests and other appraisal results appropriately and communicate to school personnel, students, and their parents.
- Maintain the confidentiality of student assessment.
- Plan school guidance and counseling programs to ensure that they meet identified needs, priorities, and program objectives.
- Implement a comprehensive and balanced program.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the guidance program and individual activities and make changes based on findings.
- Educate the school staff, parents, and community about the guidance program through a public information program.
- Compile, maintain, and file all required physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in guidance and counseling area.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Maintain a positive and effective relationship with supervisors.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards and model behavior that is professional, and responsible.
- Participate in professional development to improve skills related to job assignment.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
Corsicana ISD (CISD) does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, the district does not discriminate against an employee or applicant who acts to oppose such discrimination or participates in the investigation of a complaint related to a discriminatory employment practice. Employment decisions will be made on the basis of each applicant’s job qualifications, experience, and abilities.
Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination based on sex, including sexual harassment should contact the CISD Director of Human Resources, the district Title IX coordinator. Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination on the basis of a disability should contact the CISD Transition Coordinator, the district ADA/Section 504 coordinator. Questions or concerns relating to discrimination for any other reason should be directed to the Superintendent at the Lee Education Center 2200 W. 4th Ave Corsicana, TX 75110, phone (903) 874-7441.