Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Grant funded through June 2023 contingent upon receipt of annual continuation funding.
Perform on-site technical work to install and maintain computer equipment and network and software applications throughout the district or at assigned campus. Respond to work order requests by diagnosing and repairing network and computer hardware.
High school diploma or GED
Clear and valid driver’s license
Knowledge of computer workstation setup (identify requirement–i.e., Novell workstation)
Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications
Ability to install, maintain, and repair computers and peripherals
Ability to install and maintain network cables and hardware
Ability to diagnose problems and perform repairs
One to three years of work experience installing, maintaining, and repairing computers and peripherals preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade computers and peripherals, network cabling, and network peripherals throughout the district. Relocate computer hardware, peripherals, and equipment as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to users of computers, instructional equipment, and software.
- Install and configure application and operating system software and upgrades.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of data communications circuits and equipment.
- Assist with the organization and distribution of technology-based material for classroom use.
Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- Diagnose and repair network connectivity and hardware issues, including printers, terminals, and personal computers.
- Remove old equipment and perform data migration to new machines.
- Service equipment according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Maintain accurate updated records of preventive maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records of time and materials required to perform repairs and service.
- Maintain accurate inventory of hardware, software, and other equipment and material at assigned site(s).
- Identify, request, and control the inventory of repair parts.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies as needed.
- Alternative methods of performing duties.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Hand tools and test instruments for electronic repairs and cable installations; personal computers and peripherals; small truck, van or SUV.
Posture: Prolonged sitting and standing; regular kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motion; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; regular walking, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching; may climb ladders
Lifting: Moderate lifting and carrying (up to 44 pounds); occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds and over)
Environment: Exposure to electrical hazards; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; frequent districtwide travel; May be required to be on-call 24 hours a day.
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress