Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
To provide students supplemental instructional services with appropriate learning activities in targeted areas of core curriculum to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual growth. Collaborative with campus personnel to prepare lessons and instructional materials to address students' learning needs. Work with individual and small groups to provide supplemental instruction to close learning gaps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with core teacher to develop instructional design for each student assigned.
- Implement instructional program for assigned students targeting areas of need as designed by the classroom teacher.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of assigned students.
- Conduct ongoing formative assessments of student achievement and regularly discuss/report results to teacher.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to student behavior plans.
- Establish and maintain open communication with students, principals, and parents.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or Assistant Principal.
Education and Experience:
Valid Texas Teaching Certificate preferred and strong reading background.
This position is grant funded. Annual employment is contingent upon availability of funds.