Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Job Title: Remote Conferencing Instructor
Wage/Hour Status: $22/hour
Reports to: Director of Digital Learning and Innovation
Copperas Cove ISD is seeking a remote conferencing instructor to provide instruction to students who are excluded from campus due to COVID-19. The instructor will provide students with appropriate remote instruction and tutoring in the academic subject area(s) assigned to help students fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
Bachelor’s degree and certification, prefered.
Would be willing to consider paraprofessionals or substitutes.
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct or assist students virtually.
General knowledge of educational technology products (Schoology, Office 365, Zoom, etc).
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans and activities through distance or virtual learning to fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show evidence of preparation, as required.
2. Plan and use appropriate virtual instructional strategies, activities, and resources for remote learning, instruction, or tutoring that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of assigned students according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Be available by phone, email, or video conferencing during normal working hours to confer with district personnel, students, and/or parents. The rest of the workday is committed to planning, preparing, implementing, and evaluating lessons and activities.
4. Communicate with students and parents/guardians daily.
5. Provide evidence of remote conferencing to administration.
Tools/Equipment Used: District issued computer and video/instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged sitting
Motion: Repetitive computer work with frequent use of hands and wrists
Environment: Work inside from school building unless otherwise approved to work from home.
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Copperas Cove ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, or age in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, contact: Director of Human Resources, (254) 547-4460, 408 S. Main , Copperas Cove, TX 76522.