Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
JOB TITLE: Piano Accompanist
REPORTS TO: Choir Director
PAY GRADE: CP1 (187 days)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide piano accompaniment services to choir students and teachers
• Bachelor’s degree in music performance (piano major) preferred OR qualifications and experience as deemed appropriate by the district.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to accompany choirs, soloist and other ensembles
• Ability to lead choral sectionals & warm-ups (preferred)
• One (1) to three (3) years of directly related experience
Major Responsibilities And Duties:
• Accompany choirs in rehearsals, sectionals, concerts and other special events
• Accompany choirs at all performances including, local concerts, and all contest at the local, regional and state level
• Assist in choral warm-up procedures
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors : Must maintain emotional control and exercise reasoning and problem solving skills while under stress. Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written). Should be able to interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making. Frequent in-district and occasional in-state or national travel. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Contribute to the prevention of accidents and injuries by observing safety rules and District policy, practicing the principles and skills taught in safety training, wearing personal protective equipment as required, reporting injuries and incidences immediately to supervisor, and being proactive in the ongoing efforts to improve and maintain workplace safety.