Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Responsible for maintaining student records at the campus level. Process student enrollment, transfers, and withdrawals for the campus. Coordinate the collection and reporting of Public Education Information Management Systems (PEIMS) data.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop or maintain spreadsheets and databases, and do word processing
Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
Basic math skills
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years clerical experience preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
- Collect and enter attendance and PEIMS data into an established database and verify accuracy.
- Prepare and print reports, including attendance reports, grades, class rosters, end of semester reports, etc.
- Contact parents to verify student absences per district procedures.
- Report all attendance problems to designated administrator.
- Assist in campus office operations as needed.
- Maintain physical and computerized records including student cumulative folders, progress and failure reports, class rosters, schedule changes, and grade books.
- Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools, setting up cumulative folder, and entering student data into appropriate databases.
- Coordinate grading process, including processing of scan sheets, verification and correction of grades, and printing and distribution of report cards.
- Process and transmit requests for student information.
- Prepare and distribute University Scholastic League (UIL) eligibility lists.
- Prepare honor rolls.
- Assist counselors with the enrollment, withdrawals, and transfer of students and process applicable records.
- Assist campus administration and counselors with the preparation of reports and student data information.
- Work cooperatively with campus, business office, and personnel office staff to collect, organize, and format data required to submit district PEIMS data in a timely manner.
- Run edits, reports, and verification checks on data to ensure accuracy of information.
- Distribute edits and reports to appropriate staff for analysis, verification, and correction.
- Verify data submitted to TEA and submit corrections in a timely manner to PEIMS coordinator.
- Prepare and distribute student identification cards, etc…
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Other duties as assigned (such as assistance with Instructional Materials allotment, testing, etc…)
Personal computer, printer, calculator, copier, fax machine, and shredder.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress. Repetitive hand motions, prolonged use of computer.