Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
Provide tutoring to Junior High or High School students
Strong math background
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Determine from student notes and discussions, the concepts that need to be taught or retaught.
2. Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and textbook notes, etc.
3. Become familiar with the materials in the AVID Curriculum Libraries.
4. Become familiar with the textbooks and materials used by AVID students.
5. Conduct tutorial sessions in all areas of mathematics; therefore, a strong math background is
6. Conduct mini-lessons in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and other aspects of college preparation.
7. Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow.
8. Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, revision, and editing.
9. Communicate frequently and honestly with the AVID coordinator/teacher regarding student progress and areas of concern.
10. Alternative methods of performing duties.