Please contact the district or school with any questions regarding this position.
JOB TITLE: Chief Financial Officer WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Superintendent PAY GRADE: 85,000 PLUS EXPERIENCE
Assume the district administrative functions and assist the Superintendent in the management of district financial operations. Monitor and coordinate federal Impact Aid program. Conduct internal audits as directed.
Ability to make oral and written presentations
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Self-motivated and able to work independently without supervision
In debt knowledge of school finance in general and Impact Aid in particular
In debt knowledge of federal and state legislative process
Five years administrative experience
Two years experience in legislation and regulation development
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assist in administering the Impact Aid program for the district.
2. Compile Impact Aid applications and proposals; coordinate completion of Federal Student Survey.
3. Monitor federal regulations and developments relating to Impact Aid.
4. Serve as liaison to U.S. Departments of Education and Defense, and congressional staff.
5. Work with other school districts and organizations in developing and tracking Impact Aid proposals.
6. Conduct internal audits as directed and make recommendations for improvements and cost savings.
7. Review utility bills to insure accuracy of charges and usage; approve bills for payment.
8. Compile monthly reports on district consumption and cost of electricity, water, and natural gas.
9. Assist with the development of the district’s energy and utility budget.
10. Monitor cash flow and make necessary banking transfers.
11. Develop the overall district budget.
12. Monitor student average daily attendance for state finance purposes and provide updates to assistant superintendent for operations.
13. Monitor legal developments and keep the superintendent informed on issues that affect the district.
14. Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
15. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents as required.
16. Keep the superintendent informed of developments, proposals, and actions on local, state and federal levels that affect the district’s financial status.
17. Attend board and other meetings and make presentations as directed by the Superintendent.
18. Provide assistance to other offices on special projects as requested.
Ability to communicate effectively; design programs for projections of student and financial data; evaluate and draft legislative/regulatory concepts and language; and determine affect of proposals on the school district.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; occasional statewide/national travel.
Copperas Cove ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, or age in its programs, activities or employment practices. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, contact: Director of Human Resources, (254) 547-4460, 408 S Main, Copperas Cove, TX 76522.